Terms & Conditions
Below are our Terms of Service related to all our bookings.
At the bottom of this page, there is a PDF file you can download which contains all our Terms & Conditions, which also includes any updates relating to COVID-19.
Booking and Payment:
Once you confirm your booking, we will send you an invoice for your charter.
Payment terms are as follows:
• The Deposit (50%) is due within 7 days of the original invoice being issued.
• The Final Payment (50%) is to be paid no later than 60 days before the departure date of your charter*.
• If you are booking a charter, and the departure date is less than 60 days away, full payment will be required within 7 days of the invoice being issued.
Once you have transferred funds, please send us a confirmation email. When the funds arrive, we will send confirmation of receipt.
Please note – Late payment of the Deposit or Final Payment results in your booked space not being secure.
Altering a Booking:
• Provided it does not interfere with our schedules, there are normally no charges for minor alterations.
• If the change is major it will be dealt with on a per booking basis relating to the circumstances.
Cancellations and Insurance:
Cancellations need to be advised of in writing by email. The date we receive the message is the one used in calculating any charge.
The following charges apply upon cancellations of a yacht charter:
• More than 12 weeks before the charter date -> you pay 30% of the total charter fee.
• Between 12 + 8 weeks before the charter date -> you pay 50% of the total charter fee.
• Between 8 + 4 weeks before the charter date -> you pay 80% of the total charter fee.
• Within 4 weeks of the charter date -> you pay 90% of the total charter fee.
We strongly recommend obtaining cancellation insurance! We also recommend that guests obtain holiday insurance covering the activities and sports they intend to undertake.
Currency Exchange Rates:
Local currency exchange rates are subject to fluctuations outside of the control of Sailing-Phuket. Sailing-Phuket Yacht Charters protects itself against these fluctuations by quoting prices in local currency (THB – Thai Baht) wherever possible. If a local currency experiences a fluctuation (15%) or more, Sailing-Phuket reserves the right to adjust the trip cost following this related price increase.
If a charter needs to be priced in a foreign currency (i.e. USD / GBP / EUR) we will use a mid-market exchange rate (something similar to, but not limited to – XE Currency Rates) and then add a security fee of 1.5% to protect against any currency fluctuations between the Invoice issue date and payment due date. This calculation will be done for each payment – be it a Deposit, Final or Full payment.
Where itineraries are given, they may be subject to change due to weather conditions or other circumstances. The final decision regarding the itinerary lies with the skipper of the charter. In all cases safety aboard has priority.
The information we provide regarding yachts, itineraries, crew, dive sites, transfers, arrival/departures and all other aspects of the charters is correct to the best of our knowledge.
Equipment Breakdowns / Damages:
A modern yacht contains many pieces of machinery and equipment, which must work in a marine environment. Although the yachts are very well maintained, equipment breakdown can still occur. As long as the quality of the trip is not unduly affected in the event of equipment breakdown, such a breakdown by itself is no ground for complaint.
Should a guest have a complaint they should inform the skipper of the yacht. The skipper (or the shore base) will do the utmost to rectify the problem. Complaints, which have not first been expressed to the skipper (or to the shore base) cannot be taken into consideration.
As circumstances dictate, we reserve the right to change any of the above, without any prior notice.
Have More Questions?
If you have further questions regarding our Terms of Service / Terms & Conditions, please feel free to Contact Us.