SY Nakamal - Terms of Service
Please read through our Terms and Conditions for Yacht Charter in Phuket, Thailand.
Bookings and Payments
If you wish to book your sailing vacation with us, starting from Phuket, Koh Lipe or the Andaman Islands, or if you opt for a day trip, and you have confirmed the yacht being available, please email us to confirm your booking. You will then receive an invoice stating the amount to be paid. The following are our terms and conditions for chartering SY Nakamal:
The Deposit (50%) and the Final Payment (50%). A Deposit of 50% is due no later than 7 days after the invoice has been sent. As soon as we have confirmation from our bank, we will immediately send you an email to confirm your payment. Please inform us of your payment by email. The Final Payment of the remaining 50% is to be paid no later than 60 days before the departure date of your yacht charter booking.
- Bookings made less than 60 days before departure are to be paid in full in a single payment.
- Late payment of the Deposit or Final Payment results in your booked space not being secure.
Altering a Booking:
- Provided it does not interfere with our schedules, there are normally no charges for minor alterations.
- If the change is major it will be dealt with on a per booking basis relating to the circumstances.
Cancellations and Insurance:
Cancellations need to be advised of in writing by fax or email. The date we receive the message is the one used in calculating any charge.
- More than 12 weeks before the charter date -> you pay 30% of total charter fee
- Between 12 + 8 weeks before the charter date -> you pay 50% of total charter fee
- Between 8 + 4 weeks before charter date -> you pay 80% of total charter fee
- Within 4 weeks of the charter date -> you pay 90% of charter fee
We strongly recommend obtaining cancellation insurance! We also recommend that guests obtain holiday insurance covering the activities and sports they intend to undertake.
Where itineraries are given they may be subject to change due to weather conditions or other circumstances. The final decision regarding the itinerary lies with the skipper of the charter. In all cases safety aboard has priority.
The information we provide regarding yachts, itineraries, crew, dive sites, transfers, arrival/departures and all other aspects of the charters is correct to the best of our knowledge.
Equipment Breakdowns / Damages:
A modern yacht contains many pieces of machinery and equipment, which have to work in a marine environment. Although the yachts are very well maintained, equipment breakdown can still occur. As long as the quality of the trip is not unduly affected in the event of equipment breakdown, such a breakdown by itself is no ground for complaint.
Should a guest have a complaint they should inform the skipper of the yacht, or in case of bareboat charter the guest should inform the shore base. The skipper (or the shore base) will do the utmost to rectify the problem. Complaints, which have not first been expressed to the skipper (or to the shore base in case of bareboat charter) can not be taken into consideration.